ZOVIRAX FOR SALE

7 Responses to “ZOVIRAX FOR SALE”

Comments

1. Raul says:

Hi,

I have also been following Yoani’s fascinating story in the Spanish (as in “from Spain”) press. Her blog is available outside of Cuba, but not in the island, from what I read. The dictatorship is blocking it to Cuban citizens. Fortunately for her, she is now too well known to be imprisioned like so many other dissidents.

Only a small but important note. The “Ortega y Gasset”, the prize that she won in Spain, was not awarded by the Spanish government, but by “El Pais”, the main newspaper in Spain. The difference may sound small, but it is important, since the current Spanish government has proven to be extremely “understanding” (some may say “too friendly”) towards the Cuban regime. For that reason, I strongly doubt that the current Spanish government would have awarded her a prize. Fortunately, the media is often a better reflection of a country that the government itself, and Yoani won a well-deserved prize.

Good luck to her, and may she be able to write soon in a free Cuba.

Saludos!
    Raúl

2. The Hen says:

Raul! Gracias. Everyone needs an editor. I am going to go fix that now. It is an important point. Gracias, again.

3. Raul says:

No problem, Carrie… That little detail does not detract from your great post anyway!

By the way… I think I read a post once about how you had your daughter in some bilingual immersion program. How did you find it? Is there a website or something where I could find out about other programs in the country (I live in Long Island, New York)? Thanks!

4. Marta says:

She is such an amazing woman and a force to be reckoned with.
    She just blows me away.

5. Balou says:

Thank you for this post! I had never heard of Yoani until I read this. I am now reading her blog and appreciating what it is about. I also just posted about it on “SfN” and linked to you as well. I think more people need to hear about her, about her blog and about the real US (Cubans) in general.

6. Tere says:

I love this as well. I admire her a great deal and think she’s brave and kick-ass. You’ve inspired me to write about her as well.

7. Anonymous says:

Does anybody know how i might be able to contact Yoani Sanchez?
    Thanks so much