Recovering from the Nashville Flood

14 Responses to “Recovering from the Nashville Flood”

Comments

1. Wow, Carrie… I’m so sad with the devastation. I’m glad to hear your family is ok. Those two pictures don’t even look like the same place :( I’m donating to the redcross. (((hugs)))
    .-= Yoly @ YNR Live´s last blog ..Giveaway: Scanpan 10″ Fry Pan {Ends May 12} =-.

2. Carrie,

Siento mucho por lo que está pasando tu ciudad. I was in tears as I was reading your post. I too have been witness to many a hurricane and earthquake, not only as a journalist, but as a resident of the devastated areas. Hurricane Andrew — which changed Miami as we knew it forever — immediately comes to mind.

I’m glad to hear your family and you are well considering the circumstances. And although I totally agree with how disasters like this usually bring out the best in people, I also know the pain caused by the destruction of the place we call home, hurts the heart like crazy…

Will spread the word to let others know how they can help.

Te mando un fuerte abrazo, amiga!

3. Liz says:

Ay Amiga…. You and your family are in my oraciones….

God bless you and your lovely little town.
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..L.A. Bloggers Brunch =-.

4. Sra. López says:

Wow. It’s hard to believe how things can change so quickly… and I can’t imagine being in the middle of it as the media’s fickle attention so quickly abandoned you all.

I hope all of you are able to rebuild as soon as possible. Nashville is in my thoughts.
    .-= Sra. López´s last blog ..Habla =-.

5. I’m so sorry you’re going through all this. But, I’m glad that you and your family and safe and doing fine…in the big picture, at least.

I hope the water recedes fast so that recovery can begin to move along.
    .-= Melanie (ModernMami)´s last blog ..Quick Announcements =-.

6. Silvia says:

I’m so sad about what is happening in Nashville, I’m glad you, your family and friends are fine, considering the circumstances.

Los tengo todos en mis oraciones, *abrazos*
    .-= Silvia´s last blog ..“Hada por Accidente” / “The Tooth Fairy” =-.

7. Mama Contemporanea says:

Carrie amiga, glad you and your family are safe. Espero la pronta recuperacion de Nashwille. A big hug from Texas

8. This post totally bled with love. So, beautiful. I´m so sorry you and the place you call home are going through this.
    .-= Ana L. Flores´s last blog ..Spanish Tees for Bilingual Babies =-.

9. Dariela says:

This is so sad Carrie, glad you and your family are ok. My gosh the pictures are amazing, the whole city. Hope Nashville recovers soon. Un abrazo grande.
    .-= Dariela´s last blog ..Baby Wearing =-.

10. Marcela says:

Thinking of you, Nashville, and all the people there.

Sending lot’s of prayer your way and a text to “redcross”.

11. Mela Kamin says:

It’s hard to watch from far away and see the devastation. Nashville, and Brentwood specifically, became my 2nd home as I recorded and I loved being there so much. Sad. I’m heart-sick when I see the pictures and videos. I know it doesn’t compare to living there and seeing it first-hand. You and the communities are in our prayers.

12. Carrie says:

Thank you all for the kind words and for keeping Nashville and Middle Tennessee in your hearts.

We need help.

Please make a donation to the American Red Cross, to the United Way, to Second Harvest in Nashville, or to an organization you know for sure is helping folks.

It has been a very difficult week, but one that has proven why so many of us adopted this place. Seeing the goodness of strangers, the out-of-towners, the folks who are using their skills and arms and backs to help, is awe-inspiring.

I hope to update in the next few days.

Much love…and safety for you and yours.

13. Celia says:

Thank you for sharing the truth of what’s going on in Nashville; the solidarity of the community, the fear of a seven year-old girl, and the determination of the human spirit to push through and help eachother- making the insurmountable a little more hopeful. If I could send a healing hug to every worried man, woman, child and lost pet, I would. For now, thank you for letting me know what I can do- donate to the American Red Cross. It’s a plan.

God Bless,